Monday, August 5, 2013

Shockoe Valley Redevelopment

This one will be brief. Just want to share with you my "design" for a new Shockoe Valley.



This design will foster a tourism industry that will compete with cities like Memphis, Louisville, St. Louis, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Austin, San Antonio, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Savannah, Charleston, Wilmington, and others. All of these cities have thriving entertainment districts and thriving tourism industries.

I know, I just visited them.

To get a better understanding of the design, read the "Comparing Richmond" articles I wrote for Richmond.com while I was on my travels. Also, feel free to read the previous blogs that talk more in-depth about the overall idea.

If you like these concepts, check out these Facebook pages:

RVA Regulated Entertainment District
Historic Shockoe Valley Entertainment District
Midtown Boulevard Retail District

If you have done similar research, feel free to comment on your thoughts. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they will be posted shortly!